Personal Service. Practical Solutions. Proven Representation.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » 
  5. Family Law
  6.  » Modifications Of Child Support Or Custody Orders

Do You Need To Revise Your Child Custody, Child Support Or Alimony Order?

There may be a substantial change in circumstances warranting a modification of your child custody, child support or alimony order. When you need to make modifications to any court order, you will want to consult a lawyer first.

The family law attorneys of Iacullo, Martino & Reinitz, represent either side in post-judgment modifications. Our trial lawyers have extensive experience in these cases that affect your financial well-being and/or your relationship with your children, which can be as bitterly contested as the original divorce. We offer customized solutions for our clients.

Family Law Modifications In New Jersey

To make modifications to any court order in New Jersey, you must show proof of a substantial change in circumstances. For child custody and support, the law is designed with the child’s best interest in mind and that includes little to no disruption in their routine. For alimony or spousal support termination or modification, you also must prove that there has been a significant change in your income or your ex-spouse’s lifestyle or cohabitation by the ex-spouse receiving alimony.

Having an attorney at your side will help. Our attorneys have handled a variety of modification scenarios, including petitions for:

  • Sole custody or joint residential custody
  • Increased parenting time (visitation)
  • Parenting plan revisions (pickup, overnights, holidays, etc.)
  • Relocation out of state with the children
  • Increase in child support (new job, promotion, child’s needs)
  • Decrease in child support (job loss, change in parenting time)
  • Emancipation (termination of child support)
  • Termination of alimony (remarriage or cohabitation of the supported ex-spouse)

We Are Prepared To Handle Your Case Outside Or Inside The Courtroom

Sometimes these issues can be resolved by motion or mutual agreement. Sometimes they require a plenary hearing or a full-fledged trial. We will help you put your best foot forward in these high-conflict and important proceedings that may change the course of your life.

Seeking A Change Or Fighting The Petition?

Contact our Nutley office for your free consultation by calling 973-498-8787. You can also schedule your consultation online.